Select your language


The cultural heritage of Cortes de la Frontera is very diverse.

Old Cortes

Old human settlement of Cortes de la Frontera, where we can observe archaeological remains from the Roman civilization and the Arab people during their presence in this area.

Tower of the Passage

It is a watchtower built by the Arabs in the 13th century with the purpose of guarding the road that connected Gaucín, through Puerto del Espino, with Ubrique.

Stone House

Paleochristian hermitage of origin (6th and 7th centuries AD) that was later used as a wine press (18th/19th centuries).

Valdenebro's House

Both the chapel and the house were built in 1760, as indicated by the inscription on the facade of the house.

Cuatro Chorros Fountain

This ancient fountain is located at the beginning of Calle Real in Cortes de la Frontera.

Camaretas Park

This viewpoint is another spacious park with plane trees for shade and beautiful views of Cortes de la Frontera, Jimera de Líbar, and Cortes Station.

Gardens of the Fontana

Gardens located at the exit to Ubrique.

'María Reguera' Children's Park

Children's playground located in the center of the village.

Calley Alta Viewpoint

Beautiful views.

Cerro Street Viewpoint

Unparalleled viewpoint

La Sauceda

La Sauceda is a scattered population nucleus belonging to the municipal area of Cortes de la Frontera (province of Malaga, Spain). It is located within the Alcornocales Natural Park.

Cultural spaces

In our town, we intend to develop cultural activities that involve the participation of the whole family.

Speaker 4

Exhibition Room

Pablo Ruiz Picasso

Speaker 5


Browse or read books in our library.

Speaker 6


Guadalinfo is the public network for digital skills.


Iconic buildings of our town.

Cortes de la Frontera Town Hall

18th-century stone building (1784), commissioned by Charles III with public funds, featuring beautiful neoclassical design and style, of which only its facade remains.

With symmetrical composition, featuring semicircular arches on two floors; the ground floor has public arcades facing the city square, while the upper floor has a gallery. It is crowned by a large pediment, and an inscription declaring the date of its construction. Interestingly, the main facade doesn't provide access to the interior; access is provided through a linteled opening on the side. The building has undergone three interventions that shape its current appearance. The first one was in the forties, following a fire that destroyed the interior during the civil war. In the nineties, a restoration was carried out, resulting in a transformation of the building's interior, with only its facade holding value today, although it is fairly well preserved.

Church of Nuestra Señora del Rosario

It is located in the center of the town, in Constitution Square, next to Real Street where the Chapel and the Valdenebro House are located. It belongs to the Archpriesthood of Ronda and Serranía

The Church of Our Lady of the Rosary, built in the late 18th century, specifically in 1753, has three aisles separated by semicircular arches supported by square core pillars. The transept is covered with a dome with a lantern, and the transept arms have barrel vaults. There is a choir at the front with a wooden balustrade. Notable features on the exterior include the stone doorways of the gable end and the Epistle aisle. The tower, attached to the apse and constructed of brick, stone, and rubble, is of a prismatic design.

The current temple is the result of various renovations, with the last one taking place in the mid-19th century.


Opened in 1894, the owner is the Cortes de la Frontera Town Hall itself. Its festivities are celebrated in August.

The bullring, dating back to 1894, was restored in 1921, becoming one of the larger bullrings in the Serranía region after, of course, the one in Ronda. Its existence is noteworthy in such a small town, but this is easily explained as Cortes de la Frontera was a livestock town, and therefore, numerous bullfighting festivities have been held since ancient times. The arena has a diameter of 27.20 meters, the sunny side stands are hollow, housing the infirmary and restrooms. Lastly, it's worth mentioning that restoration work is currently underway.